American Idol Finale: And the Winner Is...

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

tvguide.com
American Idol's Season 9 winner has been crowned.

Millions of votes were cast for finalists Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze. Bowersox was the season's early favorite (57 percent of more than 4,500 voters in a TVGuide.com poll picked her to win), while DeWyze came into the finale with newfound momentum.

And so it was that when Ryan Seacrest read the results, DeWyze was the singer showered with confetti at the Nokia Theatre.

Asked how he felt to have won, DeWyze fought back tears and said, "I don't know. It's just amazing.

"Thank you guys so much for everything," he continued. "I love you guys. Crystal, I love you. I'm just so happy right now. I've never been so happy."

DeWyze closed the show performing U2's "Beautiful Day," which will be his first single.

Do you think America got it right?



0 komentar: