Singer Maria Eva eyeing Sidoarjo seat

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jakarta: four years after dangdut singer Maria Eva and Golkar politician Yahya Zaini’s hanjy panky was captured on video and widely circulated on the internet in effect ending the man’s political career,Maria is now eyeing a political career herself.
Small parties have reportedly come knocking on Maria’s door asking her to run as East Java’s Sidoarjo’s deputy regent. Should Maria accept, she will be joining the growing rank of celebrities political parties have approached to run in the regional election.
According to kompas.com, the singer claimed the National Mandate Party (PAN) had approached her, but PAN refuted her claim.
“Small parties are behind me, and the elections in Sidoarjo have become a hot topic because my name has surfaced. It’s not possible to back off. The ball is rolling now, so I have to move forward,” she said as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Maria is now expecting much.”if I don’t get elected, I won’t be disappointed. I am not obsessed with being number one. Bit if people ask me, I have to be ready,”she said.
Maria Eva’s sex scandal with Yahya, who is married with three children, made it to the headlines in 2006. Video footage of Yahya cavorting naked with Maria less than a minute long was shot by a camera phone in an upmarket hotel in 2004.
She said became pregnant as a result of the affair and was forced (by Yahya) to have an abortion.

0 komentar: