The USPS Lesson

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll be aware that the national postal carrier here in the USA, USPS, have made major changes to their pricing structure, and it caused chaos.
Speaking with the friendly clerk at my local post office, he told me that even they were not fully equipped to deal with the changes. The whole affair has been handled badly in my opinion. It sneaked up on most people and left them frantically running around trying to learn and implement the new system. If you can't get the right advice even from the source, then you know something's up!

This shambles is actually a good reminder why you should not rely completely on just one company for any aspect of your business. I use both Fedex and USPS for shipping physical items, and I also offer items that can be digitally delivered online. You might recall that last month I weighed the pros and cons of physical versus downloadable products and presented a strong case for using both in any business. Let me ask you, did you implement that advice?

0 komentar: